WIN has an incredible community of women in Manchester, who each year run a fabulous event with local leaders, global talent and inspirational entrepreneurs.
Past WIN Manchester Events
- 2016 Mobilizing Women Event hosted by KPMG
- 2018 WIN Manchester: Realising Your Power and Leading Change, Differently
- 2019 WIN Manchester: Leading the Way, Differently
- 2020 WIN Manchester: Pioneering the Future, with Courage – Online
- 2021 WIN Manchester – 17 June 2021
Photos from WIN Manchester in 2018 and 2019 are available here and here.
Who are the individuals and organisations leading the way with purpose, creating work places with meaning, and developing societies and a planet where everyone thrives? How do they access their inner power and strengthen their outer influence to make things happen, differently? How can you realise your power and impact so as to live fully, work sustainably and contribute to shaping the world, a world that works for all?
Attending WIN Manchester is an opportunity to exchange best practices in embracing diversity and initiating inclusive cultures. This event will provide you with inspiration, knowledge, practical tools and contacts to help you succeed and prepare for the future. It will help you lead the way and support others that do so too.
What: A leadership event of plenary and interactive breakout sessions, and virtual networking aperitif connecting you to ideas, energy and people.
Who: Women and men in middle and senior management, young leaders, consultants, entrepreneurs, NGO leaders, politicians, artists, all longing for a positive change in their world, work and life…. YOU!
Why: Join to inspire and be inspired, to learn and to share, to create and co-create, to contribute and to connect with new ideas, yourself and other outstanding leaders from around the UK and beyond.
In particular, you will:
- Learn about the emerging global trends and how innovative businesses are navigating them
- Understand HOW the companies leading the way embrace women in business and create diverse and inclusive environments.
- Identify the opportunities that lie ahead for women and men championing a more balanced business environment.
- Participate in a special session on diversity & inclusion.
- Find out how women with authentic power are impacting business models and bottom lines.
- Learn from women whose careers stand out and discover how their courage, perseverance and feminine touch have helped them move ahead and pave the way for others.
- Be inspired to realise change, make your dreams become a reality and create new possibilities for others and yourself, identifying where you can contribute the most.
Get involved: Become a speaker, a sponsor, an affiliated network and, most importantly, become an active participant.
2020 Manchester Agenda
13:30 Meeting Room Opens
13:45 Opening: Pioneering the Future, with Courage
14:15 Preparing for the Future
14:45 Buzz Groups
14:55 Plenary: The Future Company - Creating an Inclusive, Agile & Innovative Organisation
15:20 Leadership Meditation
15:30 Breakout Sessions
1. Leading with Courage
2. Accelerating Diversity & Inclusion at Work and in the World
3. Innovations & Opportunities for Women & Girls in STEM
16:10 Coffee Break
16:20 Plenary: Women with Vision & Courage
17:00 Mobilising Women
17:20 Closing Ceremony
- Rt. Hon Baroness Beverley Hughes, Deputy Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Brigit Egan, Managing Director, Oakridge Training & Consulting
- Cherie Buttle, Chief Inspector, Manchester City Centre
- Claire-Marie Boggiano, Director & Coach, Lurig Change & Development
- Dr. Erinma Bell, MBE DL JP, Co-Founder & CEO, CARISMA Services
- Prof. Fiona Devine CBE, Head of Alliance Manchester Business School & Professor of Sociology, The University of Manchester
- Graham Sparks, Director, IAD Consulting, Former Head of D&I, Shell LGBTI Workplace Inclusion
- Jenn Barnett, Inclusion, Wellbeing & Diversity Director, Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Dr. Kaouthar Darmoni, Speaker & CEO, Atria Institute on Gender Equality & Women’s History
- Joeli Brearley, Founder & Director, Pregnant Then Screwed
- Katie Murray, Chief Financial Officer, RBS
- Lisa Kelly, Head of BTC UK & Ireland, BASF
- Lucy Powell, Member of Parliament for Manchester Central
- Rose Marley, CEO, SharpFutures
- Dr. Marilyn Comrie OBE, Director of the Blair Project, Director of Formula Girl
- Nazir Afzal OBE, International Adviser on Rule of Law & Former Chief Prosecutor
- Sally Bucknell, Director, Diversity & Inclusiveness, UK & Ireland, EY
- Sally Penni, Barrister & Founder of Women in the Law UK
- Susan Campion, Entrepreneur, Educator & Connector
- Susanna Lawson, CEO & Co-Founder, OneFile